LionfishLair Forum!

LionfishLair Forum!

• January 23, 2019, 03:44:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Renee, Internet private eye. No page unturned...no blog unread.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 30 gal Build  (Read 605 times)

ScorpTank

• Fellow Predator
30 gal Build
« on: January 19, 2018, 12:04:00 PM »

Note: Sorry for reposting this, but figured it should be in the right part of the forum.

Ok, please bear with me because this is probably going to be a long post and I will probably ask some pretty stupid questions. First, the tank is a standard 30 gal (30 x 12 x 18), and I want scorps. I have been looking at Lionfish Lair, and have seen that certain stingfish, scorpionfish, a good amount of dwarf lionfish, and all waspfish listed would work. Any other species that would work in this size tank? I want to go with a minimalist scape (with lots of caves and overhangs), and a 2-3 inch sandbed. I am going to go with heavy HOB filtration, and maybe an HOB skimmer. Water changes will be 25% every 1 - 2 weeks. This tank build will be later in the year due to working on my 125 gal African cichlid tank. So my main questions are:

Would I be better off with a minimalist scape, or should I go with great amount of rock?

Is there a way I could keep a toby puffer with these guys?

Is a 2 - 3 in sandbed deep enough, or should I go deeper? ( I have seen that some like to bury themselves)

If this was your tank, what would your ideal stocking for this tank be? I was thinking 3-5 fish, is this too much?

Ok, after further thought, how about this stocking:

1 x Blue Spotted Puffer or Valentini
1 x Dendrochirus biocellatus Lionfish
1 x Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish
1 x Wispy Waspfish
1 x Leaf or Humpback Scorpion

Is this too much?
Thanks for your help!

ScorpTank

• Fellow Predator
Re: 30 gal Build
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:14:48 PM »

Going a diffrent direction with this, going to be angler reef. Angler is coming in tomorrow. Supposedly a waterskin.

Parisi

• Fellow Predator
Re: 30 gal Build
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:53:27 AM »

Did you stick with the angler reef idea, ScorpTank? I'd love to see some pics!
Pages: [1]   Go Up