LionfishLair Forum!

LionfishLair Forum!

• January 23, 2019, 04:40:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Renee, Internet private eye. No page unturned...no blog unread.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID Disease for Lion Treatment  (Read 1291 times)

Hollowscry

• Fellow Predator
ID Disease for Lion Treatment
« on: June 01, 2016, 05:06:51 AM »

Hello! Looking for some help. My dwarf zebra lion is about two inches big. About 3 days ago he shed his mucus layer and this fuzz appeared on his dorsal fin spine. it's just the one, but since then I've noticed he has been jumping across the sand bed, not swimming. He will not eat any food, tried frozen and live baby guppies and ghost shrimp. (It's been about a week now since he's eaten anything) He wants it, but he's gotten weak, he'll make one or two attempts and gets frustrated. His caudal fin won't move as well. that would explain the hopping around the tank instead. Yesterday he shed his mucus again on his head and dorsal fins. He's out perching on the rocks, which is better, but not enough.

40gal breeder stocked with 2 nemo, 1 blue/green chromis, 1 coral beauty. clearner snails, 2 hammer corals, 1 torch coral, 1 blueberry gorgonia and 1 pulsating exenia(sp).

Over flow into 20gal long sump, sock filter, 110int protien skimmer (bought last friday) and return pump. also 2 power heads (bf got them not sure of the power).

ammonia >.1, nitrate and nitrite 0, Ph 8.3, Cal 500ppm

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to get a QT probably today or tomorrow. Was hoping for a clue before I did any sort of treatment. thanks!

Amy

• Global Moderator
  • Proven Predator
Re: ID Disease for Lion Treatment
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 06:57:09 PM »

Sorry no one has helped you.  Shedding is common in lions and they often won't eat while shedding.  Did things improve after this?  Also, ammonia should be 0.  How old is your tank?
AKA: Shrimpy Brains

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Proven Predator
  • Off to Charm City!
Re: ID Disease for Lion Treatment
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 04:25:48 AM »

Tough to tell in the picture but it could be velvet if he has fuzz on him.

Set up a QT and treat with Cupramine. Do not use Cupramine in your DT.
Tankless in Baltimore
Pages: [1]   Go Up